Northern Illinois tops Western Michigan 28-21Saturday, Oct 30, 2010
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Chandler Harnish threw two touchdown passes and ran for a third score to lead Northern Illinois past Western Michigan 28-21 Saturday.
Harnish found Willie Clark with a 21-yard TD pass with 3:42 to play to lift the Huskies (7-2, 5-0 Mid-American Conference) to their six straight victory, their longest winning streak since 2004.
Alex Carder was 31 of 53 for 360 yards and three touchdowns for the Broncos (3-5, 2-2). His 23-yard TD pass to Robert Arnheim with 5:56 remaining gave Western Michigan a 21-20 lead, but Northern Illinois then drove 79 yards in seven plays for the winning score.
Chad Spann ran for 146 yards and a TD and Nathan Palmer caught five passes for 83 yards and a score for the Huskies.
Jordan White had 14 receptions for 180 yards and a touchdown for the Broncos.
Head to Head - Week 9
- Forbes: Nick Saban is the most hated white man in sports
- Morris leaves Michigan as grad transfer at Central Michigan
- Players get "job interview" at NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Manning, Jimmy Haslam to assist in Tennessee's AD search
- Florida QB Del Rio to miss spring practice following surgery
- Colorado brings in D.J. Eliot as defensive coordinator