Grambling beats Mississippi Valley State 35-14Saturday, Oct 23, 2010
GREENVILLE, Miss. (AP)—Frank Warren rushed for 209 yards and two touchdowns as Grambling State beat Mississippi Valley State 35-14 on Saturday.
Warren carried 29 times and sealed the win for the Tigers (6-1, 6-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) with 85- and 39-yard touchdown runs in the fourth quarter. Danny Reyes passed for two touchdowns and ran for another as Grambling had 516 yards total offense.
Reyes’ 77-yard touchdown pass to Kiare Thompson gave the Tigers a 7-0 lead, and a 16-yard pass to Ryan Allen put the Tigers up 14-0 with 9:09 left in the third quarter.
After the Delta Devils (0-7, 0-5) pulled within 14-7 on Oliver Hughes’ 86-yard touchdown pass to Paul Cox, Reyes led a 14-play, 69-yard drive that ate up 8:32 and ended with his 1-yard touchdown run.
Reyes completed 11 of 15 passes for 259 yards, and Bakari Maxwell had four receptions for 126 yards.
Head to Head - Week 8
- NCAA's anti-agent crusade hits Florida for alleged Pouncey payday
- Ex-USC and Raiders QB Marinovich arrested naked with drugs
- South Carolina reports 22 NCAA, SEC infractions in past year
- Dantonio says O'Connor is Michigan State's No. 1 QB
- Chris Laviano named as Rutgers' starting quarterback
- Okla. St. hoping for improved ground game from deep RB group