DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Drake held Marist to 77 yards of total offense Saturday en route to a 42-0 victory.
The Bulldogs (3-2, 2-0 Pioneer) had five sacks, including three straight plays in the second quarter that resulted in the loss of 23 yards and a fourth-and-33 situation for Marist.
The Red Foxes (1-3, 0-2) had minus-21 yards rushing in the game and completed just 10 of 27 passes for 98 yards. Marist had been averaging 305 yards passing coming into the contest.
Drake’s Michael Piatkowski was 29 of 41 for 266 yards passing and a touchdown. He also rushed for a TD. Steve Platek had 11 receptions for 106 yards.
The lone highlight for Marist was receiver James LaMacchia, who caught five passes for 34 yards to become the school’s all-time leader in receptions with 135, surpassing Guy Smith (133). LaMacchia needs 81 yards to pass Smith’s school record of 2,019 career receiving yards.
Head to Head - Week 5
- Like it or not, Notre Dame keeps pushing shamrock helmets
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June