Sacramento State wins 31-28 over UC Davis
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—With 20 seconds left to play, Sacramento State junior receiver Brandyn Reed caught a 12-yard touchdown pass to beat UC Davis 31-28 Saturday.
Reed caught seven passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns. Quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson threw for 233 yards and two touchdowns. He also scored on a 2-yard run for the Hornets (5-6).
Quarterback Greg Denham completed 29-of-38 passes for 307 yards and two touchdowns for the UC Davis Aggies (6-5). Nick Aprile had two rushing touchdowns for the. Chris Carter caught nine passes for 84 yards and one touchdown. Bakari Grant caught a 49-yard touchdown for the Aggies.
After Grant’s touchdown catch in the fourth quarter increased the Aggies lead 28-17, the Hornets came back to cut the margin by three points on a 2-yard running score by Jake Croxdale.
Head to Head - Week 12
- West Virginia fans, Dana Holgorsen has a few words about your poor homecoming performance
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges