Southern Illinois beats Youngstown State 27-8
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Joe Allaria caught an 86-yard touchdown pass from Paul McIntosh to highlight Southern Illinois’ 27-8 victory over Youngstown State on Saturday.
McIntosh, a redshirt freshman, finished 10 of 14 for 133 yards and rushed 12 times for 81 yards for Southern Illinois (6-1, 5-0 Misssouri Valley). The victory was the Salukis’ 11th straight in the conference.
Starting quarterback Chris Dieker was knocked out of the game late in the first quarter. The right-hander was sacked, injured his non-throwing shoulder and did not return. He is to have X-rays Monday.
But McIntosh stepped in capably. His pass to Allaria was the second longest in school history. Dieker had his left arm in a sling for the rest of the game.
John Goode scored on a 1-yard run and Deji Karim on a 2-yarder for SIU. Kyle Dougherty added two field goals.
Brandon Summers went 30 of 45 for 296 yards and a 56-yard touchdown pass to Aaron Fitts for Youngstown State (4-3, 2-2). Pitts rushed for 102 yards.
Head to Head - Week 8
- Reaction to former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler's death
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June