FG falls short in Wagner’s 27-24 win over Monmouth
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Wideout Lon Woods was one-man offensive show, grabbing two long touchdown passes and throwing another in Wagner’s 27-24 win on Saturday over Monmouth, which missed a field goal as time expired.
The Hawks trailed 27-17 entering the final quarter, but David Sinisi ran in from eight yards out to cut the lead to three. Eric McCutchen’s 37-yard attempt fell short to give the Seahawks the win in the Northeast Conference.
Nick Doscher was 14 of 27 for 260 yards passing, with two touchdowns, both to Woods, one for 37 yards, the other for 43. Doscher also rushed for a 14-yard score.
Monmouth’s (2-3, 1-1) first score came on a 35-yard interception return by Jose Gumbs. Bobby Giles took off on a 60-yard run in the third quarter for the Hawks. Kyle Frazier was 15 of 27 passing for 164 yards for Wagner (3-3, 2-1).
Head to Head - Week 6
- Blount is back: Oregon officially lifts brawling back's suspension
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls