Prairie View A&M defeats Alabama State 24-10
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—KJ Black threw for 341 yards and a touchdown to lead Prairie View A&M to a 24-10 victory over Alabama State on Saturday.
Black was 22 of 33 and threw a 17-yard touchdown pass to Shaun Stephens to help the Panthers (3-1, 3-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) gain 413 yards total offense. Black also scored on a 1-yard run to give Prairie View A&M a 17-7 lead with 6:24 remaining in the third quarter.
Stephens caught seven passes for 99 yards and Anthony Weeden had five catches for 126 yards, including a 77-yarder that set up the Panthers’ final score.
Donald Babers’ 1-yard run gave Prairie View A&M a 24-7 lead with 48 seconds left in the third quarter.
Alabama State (3-2, 0-2) was led by Chris Mitchell, who was 15 of 35 for 219 yards and rushed for 61 yards on 16 carries.
Rahmod Traylor gave Alabama State a 7-0 lead on a 23-yard run with 13:18 left in the first quarter.
Head to Head - Week 6
- Incredibly, Maryland’s new uniforms are even more Maryland-y than we thought
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges
- Riley announces departure of Nebraska DL coach Hank Hughes
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls