San Diego State beats UNLV, 42-21
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Ryan Lindley completed 35 of 50 passes for 387 yards and two touchdowns as San Diego State snapped a seven game losing streak beating UNLV 42-21 Saturday.
With the victory, the Aztecs finished the season at 2-10 (1-7 Mountain West Conference).
UNLV, which was trying to become bowl eligible, finished at 5-7 (2-6 MWC).
UNLV, which trailed 21-7, pulled to within a touchdown at 21-14 when Channing Trotter scored on a one-yard run with 17 seconds left in the third quarter.
However, San Diego State exploded with 21 fourth quarter points.
Lindley, who broke his own freshman record for completions, hooked up with Atiyya Henderson on a 12 yard scoring strike, making it 28-14. After UNLV’s Mike Clausen threw his second TD pass to Ryan Wolf making it 28-21, Tyler Campbell added his second rushing touchdown on a seven yard run with 4:16 left in the game.
Free safety Corey Boudreaux capped the night with an 82 yard pass interception for a touchdown.
Clausen, who threw the INT, was 26 for 40 for 316 yards and two TDs.
Wolf had 11 receptions for 144 yards for the Rebels.
Vincent Brown led San Diego State receivers with 8 receptions for 119 yards.
Luke Laolagi had 12 tackles and a forced fumble.
Head to Head - Week 13
- Lou Holtz buzz can only mean it's coaching silly season again
- QB Maguire returns to team drills for No. 4 Florida State
- QB Dakota Prukop atop depth chart for Oregon opener
- Wolfpack's Doeren wants gameday look at team's top 2 QBs
- White will start at quarterback in Western Kentucky's opener
- Wisconsin QB Bart Houston following in namesake's footsteps