Gowins leads Stony Brook past VMI, 40-26
STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP)—Edwin Gowins ran for 250 yards and three touchdowns to help Stony Brook beat Virginia Military Institute 40-26 on Saturday.
Conte Cuttino ran for 233 yards for the Seawolves (5-6, 3-2 Big South), who had 622 yards of offense.
Howard Abegesah ran for 109 yards for VMI (3-7, 1-4), which only attempted three passes and didn’t complete any. Keydets quarterback Tim Maypray ran 18 times for 99 yards and a score.
Stony Brook’s Dayne Hoffman was 11-for-21 with two TDs and an interception.
Head to Head - Week 12
- Nine large Oregon players were trapped in one tiny hotel elevator
- Baylor receiver Zamora suspended 3 games for beating dog
- Former Air Force quarterback Dee Dowis dies in car accident
- Kelly hasn't decided Notre Dame's QB rotation vs. Texas
- O'Connor eager to get started as Michigan State's No. 1 QB
- Ohio State suspends wide receiver Torrance Gibson