James Madison beats William & Mary 48-24
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Rodney Landers accounted for 357 yards and four touchdowns to help lead James Madison to a 48-24 win against William & Mary on Saturday and clinched at least a share of the Colonial Athletic Association title.
Landers completed 14 of 19 passes for 219 yards with three touchdowns, and also rushed for 145 yards and a score on 18 carries for the Dukes (9-1, 7-0 CAA). Eugene Holloman also added 130 yards and two scores on 23 carries for James Madison, who remains the top ranked team in the FCS and the only unbeaten team in the CAA.
Jake Phillips completed 16 of 30 passes for 187 yards and two touchdowns for the Tribe (7-3, 5-2).
In the first half, Landers connected on touchdowns of 50 and 34 yards to Marcus Turner and a 4-yard score to Mike Caussin to give the Dukes a 24-10 lead at the break.
Holloman and Landers each scored on 5-yard runs in the third, and a the running back’s 10-yard run to open the fourth gave the Dukes a 45-10 lead.
Head to Head - Week 12
- Meme Watch: Here come the first-to-worst predictions for Auburn
- Baylor receiver Zamora suspended 3 games for beating dog
- Police investigating USC linebacker in sex assault case
- Kelly hasn't decided Notre Dame's QB rotation vs. Texas
- O'Connor eager to get started as Michigan State's No. 1 QB
- No more Trill seeking: Kenny Hill prepares as TCU starter