SE Louisiana holds off North Dakota
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Brian Babin threw for 257 yards and three touchdowns and Southeastern Louisiana held off North Dakota 38-35 on Saturday night.
The Lions (3-2) took a 38-21 lead with 8:46 left in the third quarter when Babin connected with Jasper Ducksworth for a 9-yard touchdown.
But the Fighting Sioux (4-1) answered with 17 straight points. Josh Murray scored on a 3-yard run in the third quarter and Alex Nicholas caught a 6-yard touchdown from Danny Freund in the fourth to cut the lead to 38-33 with 7:10 remaining.
The Lions running back Cody Samples was tackles for a safety to trimmed the lead 38-35 with 34 seconds left. North Dakota had a chance to tie the game, but Brandon Hellevang missed a 49-yard field goal attempt as time expired to give the Lions the win.
In the loss, Brady Trenbeath caught 13 passes for 201 yards and a touchdown for the Fighting Sioux. Josh Murray ran for 77 yards on 22 carries and two touchdowns.
Head to Head - Week 5
- Smoke, mirrors and other lies: Deconstructing Georgia Tech's flexbone
- QB Maguire returns to team drills for No. 4 Florida State
- QB Dakota Prukop atop depth chart for Oregon opener
- Wolfpack's Doeren wants gameday look at team's top 2 QBs
- White will start at quarterback in Western Kentucky's opener
- Wisconsin QB Bart Houston following in namesake's footsteps