Stonehill holds off Wagner, 14-13
EASTON, Mass. (AP)—Cruz Parsons threw a touchdown pass and ran for the winning score late in the fourth quarter in Stonehill’s 14-13 victory over Wagner on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Parsons threw a 49-yard touchdown passes to Eddie Vachon in the second quarter to tie it at 7, and capped a 20-play, 80-yard drive with a 1-yard run with 1:12 left. Brendan Gorey added the decisive extra point.
Parsons was 5-of-7 for 80 yards. Jeff Payne led the Skyhawks in rushing with 29 carries for 144 yards.
Wagner’s Prince Young ran for 77 yards on 11 carries, including a 24-yard scoring run that gave the Seahawks a 13-7 lead late in the second quarter. Shane Smith added 70 yards and 15 carries and also scored.
After Young’s touchdown run, Eric Ortiz failed to complete a pass on a 2-point conversion attempt.
Head to Head - Week 2
- Tennessee is not a smoking crater, after all. And Florida's offense may not be a meteor.
- Iowa State loses WR Montgomery, RB Thomas
- Ex-Gophers lineman Luke McAvoy recounts coming out as gay
- Duke QB Sirk out with ruptured left Achilles tendon
- Stanford assistant Randy Hart retires after 46-year career
- Towson adds former Oregon QB Mahalak