UCA QB Brown throws 3 times for TDs in 38-14 win
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Nathan Brown threw for 367 yards—including three passes for scores—to lead Central Arkansas to a 38-14 victory Thursday night over Division II Henderson State.
The Bears, an FCS team, led 28-7 at the half after Brown’s first two TD passes, a 2-yard scoring run by Leonard Ceaser and an HSU fumble recovered in the end zone by UCA’s Brad Gordon.
Gordon’s fumble recovery early in the opening period began the scoring. After a 1-yard scoring run by the Reddies’ Palmer Bernard, Brown threw 36 yards to Willie Landers to put UCA up 14-7 at the end of the first quarter.
Ceaser’s TD run in the second quarter was followed by another Brown scoring pass, from 44 yards out to James Lovett.
UCA’s Eddie Carmona kicked a 28-yard field goal in the third quarter, before Henderson’s Roch Charpentier threw his only scoring pass to Garett Manning on a play that went 70 yards.
Brown closed out the scoring with an 11-yard pass to Matt Clinkscales in the final period.
Head to Head - Week 1
- Headlinin': Welcome to 'Drafthood' with Quan Cosby
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach
- Robinson 1st Notre Dame football player elected president
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident
- Utah promotes 3 on coaching staff