Coach Lane Kiffin made a ... let's say, earnest acting debut last week to promote USC season tickets. It worked out, but only after they'd left a few of Kiffin's original, raspy ad libs on the cutting room floor:
• [trumpet blares] "It's garbage day."
• "They told me this is made of unicorn hair."
• "I used to coach in the NFL."
• [trumpet blares] "It's burrito day. You know, in the cafeteria."
• "Can I borrow those handcuffs?"
• "'The Visor'" is going to be my thing now. Did everybody get that? Spurrier? The Visor is my thing now."
• "Say hello to my li'l friend."
- - -
Matt Hinton is on Twitter: Follow him @DrSaturday.