BALTIMORE (AP)—Jerrelle Benimon scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as No. 2 seed Towson took down seventh-seeded James Madison 80-71 Saturday in the quarterfinal round of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
Towson will play third-seeded William & Mary in a Sunday semifinal.
Four McGlynn scored 21 to lead Towson (23-9) while Mike Burwell added 17 and Marcus Damas 14.
McGlynn hit two 3-pointers to put Towson up 18-10 early, and James Madison (11-20) was unable to reduce the deficit to fewer than six the rest of the way. Towson led by double digits for most of the game.
Towson shot 48.5 percent, including 9 of 16 on 3-pointers. Towson attempted 61 free throws, making 39. Benimon was 12 of 21 and McGlynn 9 of 10 from the line.
Charles Cooke had 14 points for James Madison and Ron Curry 13.
Towson won its seventh consecutive game, and beat James Madison for the third time in its last 10 games this season.
- Eric Cartman: “Stu-dent-ath-o-leets. Oh, that is brilliant sir.”
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne