BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP)—T.J. Price scored 22 points and George Fant added 16 as Western Kentucky topped Troy 81-76 on Thursday night.
The Hilltoppers (17-8, 9-3 Sun Belt Conference) shot 43.6 percent from the field and outrebounded Troy 41-28. O'Karo Akamune scored 10 points and Payton Hulsey had seven with nine rebounds.
Troy (8-15, 3-8) shot 42.4 percent and went 9 of 22 from beyond the arc. Hunter Williams finished with 22 points, and Antoine Myers had 15 with six assists.
Western Kentucky used a 9-0 run capped by two Akamune layups to pull ahead by 14 late in the first half. A 10-0 surge near the midway mark in the second half put the Hilltoppers up 53-37.
Williams sank four 3-pointers in the final five minutes to help Troy crawl within four, 78-74, but with just 32 seconds remaining. Western Kentucky answered with three free throws to ice the game.
- Virginia Tech 70, No. 12 Georgia Tech 69
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69