GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Lamont Middleton scored a career-high 35 points and Richaud Pack added 20 as North Carolina A&T defeated Florida A&M 84-78 on Saturday night.
North Carolina A&T led by as many as 16 points after halftime, but allowed the Rattlers (8-15, 4-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic) to surge back within four, 77-73 in the final minutes. The Aggies led 42-36 before the break, and both teams scored 42 points in the second half.
Middleton made three 3-pointers and went 18 of 21 from the free-throw line, and Pack added 11 rebounds. After winning its first two conference games, North Carolina A&T (8-16, 4-5) had lost 4 of 5 before its home victory against the Rattlers.
Jamie Adams led Florida A&M with 14 points, Reggie Lewis and Jamari Bradshaw each added 13, and Trey Kellum finished with 12.
North Carolina A&T lost to the Rattlers 76-66 earlier this season.
- Hot-shooting Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops DePaul 87-76
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Cook leads No. 16 Oregon past Colorado 76-56
- Payton powers Oregon State past Utah 71-69