Incarnate Word survives Texas A&M-CC 82-78Thursday, Feb 6, 2014
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Denzel Livingston scored 20 points as Incarnate Word survived a late scare from Texas A&M-CC to win 82-78 on Thursday.
Incarnate Word (17-5, 5-4 Southland) shot 61 percent, but had to withstand a late surge by Texas A&M-CC (10-14, 7-4), which cut the lead to two with 17 seconds remaining.
Livingston and Mitchell Badillo both made a pair of free throws in the last 13 seconds to secure the victory.
Incarnate Word hit its first seven shots of the game en route to a 43-33 halftime lead.
The Cardinals led by 14 with 2:03 left, but the Islanders went on a 14-2 run - including treys by Jelani Currie and Jake Kocher - to cut the deficit to two with 17 seconds left.
Kyle Hittle added 16 for Incarnate Word, while Sam Burmeister and Anthony Horton had 14.
Rashawn Thomas led the Islanders with 21.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff holds off Alabama A&M, 72-64
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74