SIU Edwardsville beats Murray State 67-60Saturday, Jan 18, 2014
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP)—Rozell Nunn scored 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead SIU Edwardsville in a 67-60 victory over Murray State on Saturday.
Christian Salecich came off the bench to add 13 points and four assists for the Cougars (6-13, 3-3 Ohio Valley Conference). Donivine Stewart scored 11 points and had six assists.
Murray State's Payne Cameron made a layup in the final seconds of the first period to give the Racers a 37-32 advantage at the break.
A Salecich 3-pointer early in the second capped a 13-8 Cougar run to tie the game 45-45. Another Salecich 3 with 8:33 left to play gave Edwardsville a one-point advantage and a pair of Nunn free throws put the Cougars up 67-58 with 30 seconds on the clock.
The loss breaks a five-game winning streak for Murray State.
Jeffery Moss scored 17 points for the Racers (10-8, 5-1).
- SIU Edwardsville beats Murray State 67-60
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Ellis has double-double for No. 7 Kansas in 75-56 win at TCU
- Garino scores 27 as George Washington beats VCU, 72-69
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina