ETSU sparks a 74-65 win over Northern KentuckySaturday, Jan 11, 2014
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Rashawn Rembert scored 19 points as East Tennessee State sparked a second-half rally to defeat Northern Kentucky 74-65 on Saturday afternoon.
Rembert, who leads the Atlantic Sun Conference with 2.8 3-pointers made per game, hit 3 of 6 against the Norse. Three other East Tennessee State starters scored in double figures - Hunter Harris (17), Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard (11) and A.J. Merriweather with 10.
It was a one-possession game at the half (30-28), but a 19-6 run put the Buccaneers up 50-38 with 8:23 to go.
The Norse (7-11, 3-3 A-Sun) made three 3-pointers in a row in the final 1:40, but couldn't overcome East Tennessee State's 15-point lead.
Jordan Jackson scored 20 points for Northern Kentucky, and finished with four assists and four steals.
The Buccaneers (9-8, 2-2) scored their final 10 points at the line to end the competition at 69 percent (20 of 29).
- Thanks to Marcus Jordan, did Nike just steal UCF from Adidas?
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72