Western Illinois defeats Alcorn State 64-62 in OTSunday, Dec 29, 2013
EL PASO, Texas (AP)—Michael Ochereobia scored 13 points, Mike Miklusak added 11 as Western Illinois defeated Alcorn State 64-62 in overtime Sunday night at the Sun Bowl Invitational.
Western Illinois (6-8) had a 16-4 run to pull ahead 46-43 lead with 9:46 to play. Miklusak hit two of his three 3-pointers during the run.
Alcorn State tied the game at 55 on Octavius Brown's three-point play with 3:00 remaining. Garret Covington then scored four points for Western Illinois (6-8), and LeAntwan Luckett scored four for Alcorn State to tie the game at 59 with 38 seconds remaining.
Jabari Sandifer missed a jumper for Western Illinois with three seconds remaining to send the game into overtime. Sandifer finished with 10 points and had four assists.
LeAntwan Luckett scored 23 points, and Brown added 17 to lead Alcorn State (3-9), who have lost eight straight.
- Porter scores 22, No. 15 Georgetown tops Longwood
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56