CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Anthony Stitt opened with a layup 35 seconds into the game as the College of Charleston reeled off the first 11 points en route to a 72-48 defeat over crosstown rival The Citadel on Sunday.
Stitt finished with 14 points and Willis Hall topped the Cougars (6-7) with 18 points and 13 rebounds as College of Charleston notched its 500th win since joining Division I in the 1991-92 season. Hall's double-double was his third in the last five games.
Ashton Moore led the Bulldogs (4-10) with 15 points, but The Citadel was held scoreless until 11:25 in the first half and missed its first 13 shots. The Bulldogs were held to 30 percent shooting (19-62) and were out-boarded 51-41.
In the 91-game series between the Charleston schools, the Cougars have now won seven in a row. Nori Johnson came off the bench to score 12 for Charleston on four 3-pointers.
- Herring leads SE Missouri to 102-95 win over Tennessee State
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier