JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Alex Hamilton scored 24 points on 8-of-12 shooting to lead Louisiana Tech to a 72-61 victory over Jackson State Sunday afternoon.
It was Louisiana Tech’s (6-1) fifth straight victory away from home, including three tournament wins.
Kenyon McNeail added 12 points and Raheem Appleby chipped in with 11.
Julysses Nobles led Jackson State (2-6) with 17 points.
Louisiana Tech held Jackson State to 36.5 percent shooting from the floor. The Tigers were just 4 of 15 (26.7 percent) from beyond the arc.
LaTech led by seven at the half, but used a 16-0 run in the second half to run away from Jackson State.
The Tigers went on a 7-0 run late in the second half to cut the lead to 67-53 with 3 minutes remaining, but the Bulldogs held on to escape with yet another win on the road.
- Which programs sign the most McDonald’s All-Americans?
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69