UTSA defeats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 87-76Saturday, Nov 23, 2013
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Keon Lewis had 30 points on Saturday to lead Texas-San Antonio in an 87-76 victory over former Southland Conference rival Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
UTSA (1-4) started on a 20-6 run and held a double-digit lead for the entire second half. Edrico McGregor had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Jordan Sims added 15 points on five 3-pointers. Lewis has reached double figures in all five games this season.
The Roadrunners overcame 20 turnovers by outrebounding A&M-Corpus Christi 34-16 and outscoring the Islanders at the free throw line 30-14.
Both teams shot very well, but the Roadrunners were better. UTSA shot 61.5 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was 52.9 percent from the field and 47.1 percent from 3.
Hameed Ali led the Islanders (3-4) with 21 points.
The two teams squared off in the Southland Conference from 2007-12.
- Richardson's big game leads Coastal Carolina past Susquehanna
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58