PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Ryan Sypkens scored 15 points including five 3-pointers as UC Davis beat Loyola Chicago in overtime on Saturday night.
Corey Hawkins scored and team-high 17 points going 6 of 14 from the field and hit 4 of 4 from the line with seven rebounds for the Aggies (3-2). Josh Ritchart had 9 points and led the team with nine rebounds. UC Davis hit 46 percent from the field and 80 percent from the line.
UC Davis trailed for much of the first period but came back on the momentum of two 3-pointers by Sypkens to a 30-22 halftime lead. The Aggies took back the lead with 5:50 left in regulation on a pair of Devon Turk free throws. Sypkens hit another 3-pointer in the final seconds to put the game into overtime.
Sypkens and Hawkins would both hit timely 3-pointers in overtime to give the win to UC Davis.
- Hot-shooting Davidson tops Appalachian State 79-56
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending