CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Alex Austin scored 16 points, Keenan Anderson had 13 and Eastern Illinois rolled to an 89-67 victory Saturday night over Roosevelt.
Anderson was 5 of 6 from the floor and had a game-high three blocks. Eastern Illinois (3-2) had ten blocks, and now have 40 through five games.
EIU led 40-32 at half. A layup by Anderson gave Eastern Illinois a 51-38 lead with 14:54 remaining, and the Panthers kept a ten-plus lead the rest of the night.
Reggie Smith, who has scored in double figures in each of the Panthers first four games this season, was held to nine points.
Roosevelt was led by Korey Ryan, who scored 20 points. Kevin Priebe added 12. The Lakers have averaged 75.8 points per game.
The game counts as an exhibition for Roosevelt, an NAIA school.
- How VCU coach Shaka Smart got his unusual first name
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78