George Mason knocks off Saint Francis (PA) 58-46Tuesday, Nov 19, 2013
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—Sherrod Wright scored 14 points to lead George Mason to a 58-46 win over Saint Francis (PA) Tuesday night.
Neither team could take a strong lead early as they were tied at 10 at the midway point of the first period. A Patrick Holloway layup game gave George Mason (4-0) a 12-10 lead at 9:10.
Wright hit a 3-pointer and added two free throws to give the Patriots a 16-12 lead at the 5:58 mark. They held a 25-20 advantage at the half and stretched that to 50-37 with 4:43 remaining in the game.
Saint Francis (1-4) did close to within three early in the second half but could never overtake the Patriots.
Marko Gujanicic contributed 11 points while pulling down eight rebounds for George Mason.
Malik Harmon led the way for the Red Flash, hitting 4-of-8 3-pointers, totaling 16 points.
- George Mason knocks off Saint Francis (PA) 58-46
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown