Youngstown State defeats FIU in overtime 74-72Saturday, Nov 9, 2013
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Kamren Belin made the game-winning basket, with four seconds remaining, to lift Youngstown State past Florida International 74-72 in overtime on Saturday.
Belin was scoreless in the first half, but finished with 17 points and scored all nine Youngstown State (2-0) points in overtime, including two 3-pointers.
In overtime Raymond Taylor made FIU’s only field goal, Rakeem Buckles made both of his free throws and Dennis Mavin went 2-for-4 from the line.
FIU (0-2) was held scoreless over the last 6:47 of regulation. Buckles made a layup for FIU’s final basket of the second half, which pushed its lead to 65-52. Buckles finished with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
Youngstown State’s Ryan Weber made 1-of-2 free throws with 35 seconds left to tie the game at 65. Buckles missed a layup with three seconds remaining that would have won it in regulation for FIU.
- Jay-Z’s visit to Kentucky’s locker room may violate NBA rules
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56