Oregon beats Utah 64-45 in Pac-12 semifinalsBy JOHN MARSHALL, AP Basketball Writer Saturday, Mar 16, 2013
Oregon (25-8) had its regular-season conference title chances spoiled by Utah (15-18) last weekend, but gave the Utes no chance of a repeat upset at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
The third-seeded Ducks built a 14-point lead in the first half and kept the cushion near double figures the rest of the way to earn a spot in Saturday’s title game against No. 21 UCLA.
Oregon also stifled Jarred DuBois and Jordan Loveridge, Utah’s top two scorers, all night. DuBois missed all eight of his shots and went scoreless, while Loveridge had eight points on 1-of-10 shooting.
Utah shot 29 percent and went 5 of 17 from 3-point range.
- Maddox helps Princeton rally past Brown 78-60
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida