San Francisco holds off Northern Kentucky 73-68Friday, Mar 15, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Mark Tollefsen scored 22 points, Cole Dickerson added 18 and San Francisco held off Northern Kentucky 73-68 on Thursday night in the final Division I game of the 2012-13 regular season.
Dickerson added 14 rebounds for the Dons (15-16), and Tollefsen was 4 of 4 from 3-point range. Tim Derksen chipped in 16 points, including three 3-pointers.
Chad Jackson had 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Norse (11-16), who pulled within three points in the final minute of play but couldn’t get any closer. Tollefsen made two free throws with 36 seconds left to help secure the victory.
The game was an oddity, since the rest of the country is involved in conference tournaments this week. San Francisco was eliminated from the West Coast Conference tournament by Loyola Marymount last week, while Northern Kentucky, of the Atlantic Sun Conference, is transitioning into Division I and ineligible for postseason play.
- John Calipari's newest recruiting tool: LeBron James
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier