No. 5 seed Alabama State led 31-30 at halftime and shot 41 percent from the field for the game, while Jackson State shot 36.5 percent. But the Hornets had 12 turnovers, and Jackson State (11-17) had the advantage in rebounding 40-35.
Jackson State will play the winner of the Thursday night match between Alcorn State and Prairie View on Friday.
- Justice, sort of: Houston's Coleman gets one-game suspension
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout