Utah beats USC 69-66 at Pac-12 tourneyBy JOHN MARSHALL, AP Basketball Writer Wednesday, Mar 13, 2013
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Jarred DuBois scored 15 of his 22 points in the second half, Jordan Loveridge added 15 points and Utah opened the Pac-12 tournament with a 69-66 win over short-handed Southern California on Wednesday.
Utah (14-17) hounded USC defensively in the first half and withstood a couple of second-half runs by the Trojans to earn a spot Thursday’s quarterfinals against second-seeded California.
The Trojans fought back from a 13-point deficit in the second half to make it close and outscored Utah 42-14 inside. USC struggled from the perimeter, though, hitting 3 of 15 shots from 3-point range and spent most of the game trying to claw back from deficits.
- Utah beats USC 69-66 at Pac-12 tourney
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne