SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP)—Ceola Clark III scored 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting and second-seeded Western Illinois was able to hold off South Dakota in the first round of the Summit League tournament with a 54-53 win Saturday night.
Clark assisted on a dunk by Remy Roberts-Burnett who made it 54-48 with 19 seconds to play but the Coyotes refused to quit. Karim Rowson hit a pair of free throws with 9 seconds left to make it 54-50 and Juevol Myles hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer as the 5-0 run to end the game for seventh-seeded South Dakota (10-20) still wasn’t enough.
Myles finished with 14 points and Trevor Gruis had 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Western Illinois (22-7) beat the Coyotes 61-59 to end the regular season March 2.
- Allen scores 21 as South Alabama beats No. 25 FSU
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- South Alabama-Florida St. Preview
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56