The Wildcats (24-5, 18-2) will take their 11-game winning streak and a No. 2 seed into next week’s Big Sky Conference tournament, where they will face seventh-seeded Northern Arizona on Thursday.
Joel Bolomboy added 11 points for Weber State, which has won 19 straight games at home.
Tyler Harvey scored 17 points for Eastern Washington (10-21, 7-13). The loss eliminated the Eagles from the Big Sky tournament, which takes only the top seven teams in the conference.
With the Wildcats nursing a 51-50 lead, Bamforth hit a 3-pointer and a jumper to make it 56-50 with 4:35 left. The Eagles got within 60-57 on Parker Kelly’s layup with 1:24 remaining but another 3 by Bamforth at the 57-second mark was all the cushion Weber State needed.
- Where does aircraft carrier rank among unusual sports venues?
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team
- Cook leads No. 16 Oregon past Colorado 76-56