NEW YORK (AP)—C.J. Garner scored 23 points, Jamal Olasewere posted a double-double, and four others scored in double figures to lead Long Island Brooklyn past Wagner 94-82 Saturday in the Northeastern Conference semifinals.
Olasewere finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds for his third double-double in four games and became the Blackbirds’ all-time points leader with 1,836. Booker Hucks added 14 points, E.J. Reed 13 and Troy Joseph 12 for LIU Brooklyn, which shot 65.3 percent (32 of 49), its highest since shooting 72.4 percent on Nov. 25, 2006, against Old Westbury.
LIU Brooklyn (19-13) led 9-8 before Hucks hit back-to-back 3-pointers to launch a 23-3 run. Hucks converted three treys during the run, Olawsewere added another, and Garner tallied two steals and three-point play.
The Blackbirds led 49-29 at the break and made 16 of 22 second-half shots to seal the win.
Jonathon Williams scored 23 points for Wagner (19-12).
- Mississippi-LSU Preview
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne