Brown, Manhattan upset Loyola (MD) 55-52 in MAACsSunday, Mar 10, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP)—MAAC Defensive Player of the Year Rhamel Brown scored 12 points with 12 rebounds and sixth-seeded Manhattan held off No. 3 seed Loyola (Md.) for a 55-52 victory in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament quarterfinals Saturday night.
Manhattan (13-17) led the entire second half, though Loyola (21-11) threatened late, pulling within 53-52 on Dylon Cormier’s three-point play.
The Greyhounds missed three consecutive shots in the final 35 seconds.
Cormier paced the Greyhounds with 14 points and seven rebounds, while Anthony Winbush added 12 points.
Manhattan plays seventh-seeded Fairfield in the semifinals Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
- Ex-Washington guard Isaiah Thomas remains outspoken as ever
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win