Idaho State beats Portland State 72-71By Robert Hudson, Associated Press Saturday, Mar 9, 2013
Portland State led 71-70 when Dre Winston missed the front end of a one-and-one with 19.8 seconds remaining in the game. Andre Hatchett grabbed the rebound for Idaho State (6-24, 5-15 Big Sky) and Melvin Morgan missed a shot for the Bengals but Neveij Walters got the rebound and dished to Sanchez for the game-winner.
Portland State (8-20, 5-15) had its biggest lead of six points with 15 minutes left in the first half. Idaho State had a five-point lead with 7:56 remaining in the game.
- Big East preview: Scouting the league with ex-WVU star Mike Gansey
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne