VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—Miles Dixon hit a baseline jumper from behind the backboard as time expired, lifting Wright State into the Horizon League tournament final with a 56-54 victory over Detroit on Saturday.
Detroit had tied the game on Jason Calliste’s 3-pointer with 1:10 to play. Dixon, who led the third-seeded Raiders (21-11) with 14 points off the bench, launched his shot while falling out of bounds and was mobbed by his teammates after it went in.
Jerran Young added 12 points for the Raiders, who shot 52 percent from the floor and were 5 of 9 from 3-point range.
Calliste had 17 points, including three 3-pointers, for the second-seeded Titans (20-12).
The game featured 14 ties and nine lead changes. Neither team managed more than a five-point lead.
- Wright State beats Detroit 56-54 to reach final
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending