ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Nik Cochran scored 18 points on five 3-pointers, and Davidson won its 15th straight game, beating Georgia Southern 86-59 Saturday in the opening round of the Southern Conference tournament.
Cochran, who hadn’t cracked double figures in four straight games, including a five-point outing in the Wildcats’ 83-48 rout of Georgia Southern in both teams’ season finale, shot 5-of-7 from deep and dished out seven assists.
Tyler Kalinoski added 14 points, De’Mon Brooks 13, Jake Cohen 12, and Chris Czerapowicz 10 for the Wildcats (23-7), who ended the first half with 14 unanswered points to go into intermission ahead 45-22. Davidson, whose last loss came against Georgia Southern on Jan. 14, has led by double figures in 24 games this season.
The Wildcats, who shot a season-high 56 percent in their last win against the Eagles, matched that Saturday, hitting 28 of 50 shots.
Cleon Roberts scored 13 for Georgia Southern.
- No. 5 Duke beats No. 15 Florida State 74-66
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending