PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Sean McGonagill posted 24 points, eight rebounds, and five assists as Brown defeated Princeton 80-67 Saturday in the Bears’ season finale, ending the Tigers’ hopes of an Ivy League title.
Brown led for all but 1 minute of the first half and by as many as 12 points, 62-50, in the second half before Princeton cut it to 66-61 on a Hummer free throw with 1:28 showing. But the Tigers would get no closer as Brown nailed 12 free throws in the final 1:21 to seal it.
- Izzo tops MSU win list in 106-68 win over UMass
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne