ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Nathan Healy and Jay Canty scored 13 points apiece to propel Appalachian State into the semifinals of the Southern Conference tournament with a 74-60 victory over Furman on Saturday.
Jamaal Trice had 12 points for the No. 4 seeded Mountaineers (15-15), who had a first-round bye. Canty, who had five rebounds and six assists, was 6-of-7 shooting.
Appalachian State shot 31 of 57 and 8 of 21 on 3-pointers.
Furman (7-24), which upset No. 5 seed Samford 55-51 in the first round, made 21 of 47, 10 fewer field goals than the Mountaineers.
Appalachian State made a 13-0 run for a 17-8 lead, held a 26-11 advantage with 8:19 remaining on Chris Burgess’ 3-pointer and led 38-24 at halftime. Furman never got closer than seven in the second half.
- Oral Roberts rallies to defeat Bowling Green 63-56
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team