Illinois State knocks off Northern Iowa 73-65Saturday, Mar 9, 2013
The sixth-seeded Redbirds (18-14) twice built big leads and held on to beat third-seeded Northern Iowa (18-14) for the first time in three meetings this season.
Illinois State led by 15 points in the first half before the Panthers closed the half on a 24-8 run to take a 35-34 at the intermission. In the second half, the Redbirds built a 60-50 lead with 7:03 remaining. Northern Iowa cut it to 62-60 with 4:17 remaining, but Brown then scored six points during an 8-0 run to put the game away.
- Demetri McCamey finally displays effort Illinois has wanted
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne