South Carolina State upsets Delaware State 62-60Thursday, Mar 7, 2013
The Bulldogs (6-23, 2-14 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who’d lost five straight and 20 of 21, got just their second MEAC win. Their other conference victory was a 72-70 victory over North Carolina A&T on Feb. 16.
The game was tied at 60-60 after Delaware State (13-17, 8-8) got a 3-pointer from Tahj Tate (17 points) with 22 seconds left. Adama Adams missed a layup with 0:06 remaining, but Joint tipped in the game-winner.
The Bulldogs shot 27 for 59 from the field, Delaware State 22 of 49.
- Kenny Frease deserves credit for reaching out to Yancy Gates
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win