Eastern Kentucky downs SE Missouri State 84-69Thursday, Mar 7, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Eric Stutz scored a career-high 22 points and notched his second double-double as Eastern Kentucky defeated Southeast Missouri State 84-69 Thursday night in the quarterfinals of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament.
Stutz was 9-of-11 shooting foul shots and grabbed 10 rebounds to help the Colonels (24-8) overcome a 38.9-percent shooting performance (21 of 54) that included a 5-of-24 showing from 3-point range. Eastern Kentucky went to the foul line 45 times, though, converting 37 shots (82.2 percent).
The third-seeded Colonels will take on No. 2 Murray State at 8 p.m. Friday.
Southeast Missouri State (17-16) entered as the fifth-best 3-point shooting team in the country, hitting 40.2 percent, but shot just 13.6 percent (3 of 22) from deep Thursday. Corey Wilford, a 44.1-percent 3-point shooter for the year, was 0 for 7. Nick Niemczyk accounted for all three makes in seven attempts, while Nino Johnson had 18 points.
- The latest Greg Paulus insanity: To Michigan? Really?
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury