LSU gets 68-57 win over Texas A&MBy KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer Wednesday, Mar 6, 2013
The Aggies never led in the second half, but cut the lead to three points with about 6 1/2 minutes left. That’s when the Tigers used a 12-2 spurt to make it 66-53 with less than 2 minutes to go. Carmouche scored the last six points of that run for LSU (18-10, 9-8 Southeastern Conference) to secure the victory.
Senior Ray Turner led Texas A&M (17-13, 7-10) in his last home game with 16 points and tied his season high with 13 rebounds. Fellow senior Elston Turner, who entered the game averaging a team-leading 18 points, added 11 points for the Aggies.
- Michigan State may add impact transfer from Valparaiso
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne