MACON, Ga. (AP)—Langston Hall posted a double-double to lead top-seeded Mercer past Lipscomb 82-48 Wednesday night in the opening round of the Atlantic Sun tournament for the largest tournament win in program history.
Hall finished with 12 points and 10 assists. Freshman Lawrence Brown added 11 points, while Chris Smith and Travis Smith added 10 apiece for the Bears, who got scoring contributions from 11 different players.
Mercer (22-10) trailed 5-4 before using a 15-4 run to jump ahead 19-9 midway through the first half. The Bears led by at least eight the rest of the way and stretched its lead to 20, 47-27, behind a 12-2 second-half opening run.
The Bears shot 52 percent (25 of 48)—its fourth time over 50 percent in the last five games—and had 11 players log at least 8 minutes.
Deonte Alexander led eighth-seeded Lipscomb (12-18) with 15 points but the Bisons shot just 32.7 percent (17 of 52).
- Kitchen leads FSU to 66-61 upset of No. 1 Duke
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M