Jerome’s layup with 2 seconds remaining won it for the Eagles (14-16), the South Division’s fifth seed, who trailed 57-52 just over a minute into overtime.
A steal by Jerome, who fed Reggie King for a layup, cut Winthrop’s deficit to 57-56 with 2:44 remaining. After Javonte Green’s free throw gave the Highlanders (13-19) a two-point lead, a layup by Jerome at the 1:09 mark tied it.
Rashun Davis began the second half with eight consecutive points to give Radford, the North’s fourth seed, a 31-29 lead, and neither team led by more than four points for the rest of regulation.
Davis led Radford with 18 points and Green added 13.
Jerome also had 12 rebounds for Winthrop, which plays Charleston Southern on Thursday.
- Jerome sparks Winthrop past Radford 60-58 in OT
- Kansas concerned about defending hot-shooting Oklahoma
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted