Illinois-Chicago eliminates Cleveland State, 82-59Tuesday, Mar 5, 2013
Gary Talton added 11 points for the fifth-seeded Flames (17-14), and Hayden Humes and Marc Brown chipped in 10 apiece. Illinois-Chicago shot 49 percent from the floor and was 8 of 17 from 3-point range.
Charlie Lee led the eighth-seeded Vikings (14-18) with 17 points, and Bryn Forbes had 16. Cleveland State shot 32 percent and was outrebounded 45-32.
The Flames opened the game on a 30-6 run, capped by an Ahman Fells tip-in with 7:10 left in the first half, and the Vikings never got within single digits again.
- Thomas hopes to play for LSU in first-round matchup with Iona
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50