McClellan sparks Texas over Baylor 79-70By JIM VERTUNO, AP Sports Writer Monday, Mar 4, 2013
Baylor, which fell a game short of the Final Four two of the last three seasons, came in needing to make a late push to improve its NCAA tournament chances this year but fell flat against Texas (14-16, 6-11 Big 12), having its worst season in 15 years.
Myck Kabongo scored 19 points and Ioannis Papapetrou scored 18 for Texas. Papapetrou’s 3-pointer with just under 5 minutes to play stopped a Baylor rally and Julien Lewis added another in the final 2 minutes that put the Longhorns ahead 70-64.
Pierre Jackson scored 22 points to lead Baylor (17-12, 8-9).
- The latest Greg Paulus insanity: To Michigan? Really?
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury