Spencer Coleman added 16 points, Jordan Gregory scored 14—including a tying 3-pointer with 17 seconds left in regulation—and Keron DeShields had 13 points for the Grizzlies (21-6, 17-1 Big Sky), who lead the conference by one game over Weber State with two home games remaining.
Neither team led by more than seven in regulation but the Grizzlies broke it open in overtime, when they made all three field-goal attempts and 13 of 14 free throws.
Damon Heuir scored 29 points for Southern Utah (11-17, 8-10), which has lost five straight. Jackson Stevenett had 16 points and A.J. Hess scored 15 for the Thunderbirds.
Montana again played without point guard Will Cherry, who injured his foot Feb. 23 against Davidson.
- Surprise, surprise: Kansas tops first Coaches' Poll of the preseason
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics